After five years in their Lake Forest home, Stacey and David were eager to get to work on the kitchen.
“Barrington has so much to offer, from the restaurants and fine dining downtown to the easily accessible grocery store and Metra station that allows convenience when traveling to Chicago. The public schools here are of the highest standards that produce great students that go on to study at the top universities in the country.” — From a Niche.com review
The Village of Barrington has a lot to offer residents:
- The location: Just 40 miles north of Chicago, Barrington is close to one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities, yet far enough away to give a homey, country vibe.
- The open spaces: Unlike the crowded high-rises and packed sidewalks in the city, Barrington is known for its open spaces — perfect for cycling, horseback riding, or walking the trails.
- The village center: Filled with hometown charm, the quaint village center boasts a plethora of shopping and dining options, surrounded by a beautiful, historic residential area featuring a variety of architectural styles.
The Orren Pickell Building Group can help, regardless of whether you’re currently a Barrington resident or are moving to the Barrington area. For more than 50 years, we’ve helped homeowners in Barrington and beyond design and create luxury custom homes.
It’s easy to get started in the process of designing your dream home —just set up a complimentary consultation with Orren Pickell’s design staff. At that time, we’ll learn more about you, find out your needs, wants, and preferences, and show you our completed work portfolio. We’ll get to the heart of your design vision by asking questions like:
- How do you describe your style? Can you explain what isn’t your style?
- Do you have examples (Pinterest boards, saved websites, magazine pages, etc.) that showcase styles you really like?
- What are the features your new home must have?
- How (and how often) do you like to entertain? Do you regularly host large groups of friends, family and colleagues, or do you tend to host more infrequent, smaller gatherings?
The answers you provide will help guide our design recommendations. Contact us today to start the process of bringing your dream home to life!
Other Projects We’ve Recently Completed
Click on the + icon to see all the photos in this home.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Just wanted to let you guys know that the cabinets have started going in and OMG we love them!! Krista, I believe you said at some point that the old cabinets would be no comparison to our new ones and honestly that is an understatement! I mean the kitchen is still partly undone . .…
Thank you for sending Terry over on short notice. Your company’s responsiveness and customer centric attitude is why you will always be at the top of our list for construction, renovation and house maintenance matters.
I wanted to share my final product, which is amazing. I really don’t think the video does it justice. I know y’all typically work on a lot of big projects, but I was thrilled with the planning, selections, advise and execution! Well done and again thank you!
My name is Linda Larson. My husband, John and I have lived in one of the homes you built in Lake Barrington in 1994. We purchased it from David Galimore in 1997 and have lived here happily raising our family of five children. We put the house on the market two weeks ago and want…
Orren Pickell Building Group has repeatedly proven to me how more then 20 years ago, we made the best decision to build a house with them. Since then we purchased another house and used their company to remodel it. We have used The Orren Pickell Maintenance Program for over 20 years, and we will continue…
We hired the Orren Pickell Building Group to both design and build our home, starting in 2013 and completing in 2015. Susan Hamilton was our initial contact and continued as our primary contact person through the whole process. She was delightful–both professionally and personally. Orren was also significantly and surprisingly involved throughout and our lead…