Building a Custom Home
- Choose the right team to design and build your dream home
- Consider our trademarks of Timing, Communication, Service, Craftsmanship and Value to bring your project to life
- Create the ideal space for your current and future needs
- Incorporate your personal style and taste
- Leave the logistics to the experts…municipal requirements and approvals are ours to manage
- Rely on over 37 years of proven success in the homebuilding industry
- Enjoy the peace of mind that working with an award-winning team offers
Finding the Perfect Location
- Love the Neighborhood? Our complete service includes all logistics required to tear down and outdated home to make way for your dream home
- Need a Change? Let our team help in your search for the ideal site whether you require a specific school district, proximity to transportation or other unique feature
- Prefer a Familiar Realty Professional? Many homeowners have established productive relationships with local realtors, and we welcome an opportunity to work with them to evaluate potential properties for siting, setback requirements, FAR, etc.
Preparing Your Site
Your Pickell Team is experienced and fully prepared to address site challenges and municipal requirements, including:
- Soil tests
- Village setback and height requirements
- Variance processes, as needed
- Architectural Review Boards
Designing Your Home
- Bring your enthusiasm to each design meeting – we assure you that we’ll bring ours!
- Know that every project is unique and we approach each meeting with open minds and fresh ideas
- Indulge your fondest wishes when considering the features and elements for your new home
- Collect photos, samples and magazines to illustrate your “likes” and “dislikes”
- Allow yourself to change your mind! We provide updated drawings throughout the process to track all revisions
- Contact your design team any time with questions, concerns and suggestions – we strive to educate our clients throughout the process so decisions are made with knowledge and understanding
- Celebrate the completion of your final Working Drawings – the last step before construction begins
Making Your Selections
- Visit our recommended showrooms for fixtures, tile, etc. or choose your own providers
- Take advantage of our buying power – we order materials for your project to secure favorable pricing through our long-standing relationships with leading suppliers
- Manage your project’s schedule by making timely selections – we provide advance communication when critical decisions are needed
- Understand that delayed selections may add time and cost to your project – we work diligently with you to eliminate this possibility
- Trust us to continually “shop” your project features and materials to find additional values throughout construction
Presenting Your Contract
- Confirm each selection and design decision to help finalize your contract documents
- Review each detail in the completed documents that will govern the construction phase of your project.
Building Your Dream
- Meet your Project Superintendent— He is your supervisor, advocate and the guardian of your plans throughout the construction phase.
- Attend regular meetings with your Superintendent to continually ensure that your home plans are executed to the smallest detail.
- Communicate Openly—this is your best assurance that all of your questions, concerns and revisions are addressed and implemented.
- Know that your Superintendent is an experienced professional, personally committed to the success of your project
- Watch the progress at your home site! Photographs will be posted to your personal, secure website regularly so your friends and family may share in the excitement.
Move Into Your New Home!
- Join your Superintendent and the Orren Pickell Maintenance Group Manager for a final walk-through of your new home.
- Identify any items that may need extra attention
- Trust that the experienced, courteous technicians of our Maintenance Group will complete each outstanding item to your complete satisfaction
- Arrange additional walk-throughs at 60 days, 90 days and one year from your home closing
- Engage the annual preventive maintenance services to validate your “limited lifetime warranty”
- Count on the Orren Pickell Maintanance Group to keep your home in optimum condition, inside and out, for years to come.